Water Pump Repair
Students will learn how to select, use, repair and maintain hand pumps, electric pumps and ram pumps in a hands-on environment. Students will examine, troubleshoot and repair the types of pumps most commonly found in remote villages. A must-have course for anyone living in an area dependent upon water pumps.
This course will provide thorough instruction in:
• Pumping systems and mechanics
• Pump selection and safety
• Water testing and water quality
• Pump operation and repair
• Case studies
• Hands-on installation and repair sessions
Course Registration - Water Pump Repair
Course Fee: $660
Includes course instruction, materials, comfortable housing and tasty meals. Our affordable fees are made possible by professional instructors who volunteer or raise their own support - that's how eager we are to share our expertise! Full Payment due with registration.
RESOURCES FOR REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS (PASSWORD REQUIRED)
- Understand and operate commonly used hand pumps - India Mark II, Afridev, Bush, Central American Rope pump, Direct actions - Canzee and pitcher suction pump
- Diagnosis and repair problems found in common pumping systems
- Water testing and water treatment
- Community assessment and entry strategies
- Pumping ground water vs. surface water - options and concerns
- Integrated mission and colletive worth of WAter, Sanitation, Hygiene education (WASH)
- Understanding of water development case studies
Missionaries and other church workers who complete this course are better able to meet the need for safe water in the mission field.