Water Pump Repair
Students will learn how to select, use, repair and maintain hand pumps, electric pumps and ram pumps in a hands-on environment. Students will examine, troubleshoot and repair the types of pumps most commonly found in remote villages. A must-have course for anyone living in an area dependent upon water pumps.
This course will provide thorough instruction in:
• Pumping systems and mechanics
• Pump selection and safety
• Water testing and water quality
• Pump operation and repair
• Case studies
• Hands-on installation and repair sessions
from a former water pump repair student
“Water is the most powerful thing; it’s mission critical to know what water is all about in order to provide essential tools for sustainability and success. Without Equip, we would not have had what we needed to help the community we were in. I recommend the training for anyone in a position doing any form of agriculture. One really special part of this class is doing everything ourselves.”
-Jennifer Riddle, Marking Progress
Course Registration - Water Pump Repair
Course Fee: $660
Includes course instruction, materials, comfortable housing and tasty meals. Our affordable fees are made possible by professional instructors who volunteer or raise their own support - that's how eager we are to share our expertise! Full Payment due with registration.
RESOURCES FOR REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS (PASSWORD REQUIRED)
- Understand and operate commonly used hand pumps - India Mark II, Afridev, Bush, Central American Rope pump, Direct actions - Canzee and pitcher suction pump
- Diagnosis and repair problems found in common pumping systems
- Water testing and water treatment
- Community assessment and entry strategies
- Pumping ground water vs. surface water - options and concerns
- Integrated mission and colletive worth of WAter, Sanitation, Hygiene education (WASH)
- Understanding of water development case studies
Missionaries and other church workers who complete this course are better able to meet the need for safe water in the mission field.