Water Filtration Technology
Clean water is rare in most of the inhabited world. Water filtration technology has the potential to change this reality. In this course, students will learn how to build, use
and maintain the BioSand household water filter. Special emphasis will be placed on teaching communities to utilize the WASH protocol—Water, Sanitation and Hygiene practices that ensure a healthy community.
Course Registration - Water Filtration
Course Fee: $660
Includes course instruction, materials, comfortable housing and tasty meals. Our affordable fees are made possible by professional instructors who volunteer or raise their own support - that's how eager we are to share our expertise! Full Payment due with registration.
RESOURCES FOR REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS (PASSWORD REQUIRED)
- Understand the science of the BioSand method of filtration
- Familiarity with CAWST filter molds
- Consturct a BioSand filter
- Create the BioSand filter media
- Water testing and disinfection
- Advantages and disadvantages of water filtration methods
- Hygiene and sanitation as it relates to water
- The basics of building and maintaining simple pumps