What We Believe
We believe it is vital that God's people be joined together by mutual love for Christ and full submission to His Lordship, but not uniformity or agreement on all doctrinal issues. We allow for, and value, diversity. We see it as an essential element of true unity. We strive to honor the Apostle Paul's instruction to avoid foolish arguments that produce quarrels (II Tim. 2:23).
However, we recognize that there are essential Bible doctrines upon which faith itself must be grounded. These are such doctrines as are evident in the Apostles Creed, The Nicene Creed, and other historical confessions of orthodox Christianity. We believe the following to be such doctrines, therefore, we stand firm on this declaration of our beliefs.
* We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the fully inspired Word of God, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and practice.
* We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
* We believe that the Holy Spirit personally indwells every child of God, and that He empowers believers to be conformed to the "Image" of God's Holy Son.
* We believe that Jesus was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of the virgin Mary.
* We believe that man, created in the image of God, rebelled against his Creator, and thereby incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all are sinners and share in the common consequences of sin.
* We believe that eternal life is the free and gracious gift of God, made possible by the redeeming blood shed in the death of Christ on the Cross; and that faith in the finished work of Christ at Calvary is the only means of salvation.
* We believe in the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord; and in His ascension into Heaven where He now serves as High Priest and Advocate for all believers.
* We believe in the existence of Satan, archenemy of God, and in the reality of spiritual warfare; and that the One who is in us is greater than the Prince of Darkness.
* We believe in the imminent return of Jesus Christ to claim His Holy Bride, the Church.
* We believe in the signs of the New Covenant of Grace, given by our Lord, namely baptism and Communion.
* We believe the Church to consist of those who have received Christ's saving grace and that together we represent His presence in the world. Our role, like His, is to manifest the Father in word and deed.
* We believe that as a mission agency our privilege and obligation is to serve the local church in making disciples of all nations, by proclaiming His Word and demonstrating His Love.